- Live in a coastal village near a beautiful beach and volunteer on educational or environmental development projects.
- Assist in environmental projects such as beach clean ups or work on projects that support turtle ecosystems.
- Assist in educational projects by playing after-school sports and games with the children and helping improve the schools infrastructure.
- Living in an authentic community is a great way to learn about Costa Rican culture. Connect with the local people, learn to dance salsa and cumbia, taste delicious fruits, and try your hand at cooking local cuisine. Discuss current social issues in Costa Rica, including growing environmental concerns and the importance of ecotourism.
- Relax after a hard day’s work at our beautiful ecolodge. Your location near the stunning Pacific coast allows for impromptu soccer and volleyball games, a variety of water sports and other outdoor activities. Dance the night away with locals and your fellow students, and take in breathtaking sunsets off the coast of majestic Costa Rican beaches.
- Visit an adventure park, go ziplining through a forest and whitewater tubing down the Rio Negro.
- Go on a catamaran ride and snorkel among marine life.
- Practice your Spanish as you explore a local market.
- Contribute 20 hours of community service.
- Student/Staff Ratio: 6 to 1.
A typical Form and Flavors Experience:
- Home Base is an ecolodge located in a coastal region of Costa Rica known for its beautiful beaches and protected ecological areas.
- You’ll have access to pools and gardens.
- Students stay in gender-segregated rooms with roommates, and have private bathrooms and air conditioning.