- This program starts out as an adventure from the minute you arrive, where you’ll be transported on the green canals via canoe or boat.
- Immerse yourself in the authentic beauty of Tortuguero Caribbean rainforest. Gain exposure to remarkable coastal environments and its noteworthy flora.
- Participate in important research on wildlife species including Jaguars, Aquatic Birds, Sea Turtles, Monkeys, Amphibians and more.
- Gaining practical experience in the field. This program is the perfect stepping stone for a career in conservation and will set you up to pursue your dreams in the field.
A typical Rainforest Exploration and Biodiversity Experience:
- You will receive extensive training upon your arrival, ensuring you are fully equipped to get the most out of your time spent in the region.
- Observe and interact with the various species in their natural habitat, noting their behaviours, how they interact with others, and where they fit into the bigger picture of the Costa Rican ecosystem. This research is crucial to the local community and also aides conservation efforts by the Costa Rican government.
- This program will provide you with a range of transferable and practical skills, as well as providing you the sufficient training required in order to gain experience in the fields of both research and wildlife conservation.
- The base is small but comfortable, providing the perfect opportunity to get to know an connect with your fellow participants, who will likely be from a range of diverse backgrounds. Camp duties are rotated evenly and you will work together with the team to ensure that the area is kept clean and tidy for the duration of your stay.