- Daily yoga classes will be offered in a way to relax, stimulate and help guests grow in their own personal practice and prepare bodies and minds to find a creative way of focus on our excursions through the Italian countryside. In this theme of retreat, yoga classes will be the assistant to help guests feel prepared and open to explore deeper in the focus of the life-coaching workshops.
- Classes are open to all levels, beginner to practiced, and can range from gentle, restorative, and more vigorous vinyasa flow and ashtanga styles. Style and class levels will be determined and moulded to fit participating students’ needs, and with a small intimate retreat class size, students will be able to get personalized attention and comfortability to deeply explore their practice.
- Experience and learn about the region, its cuisine and wine. This combines with the asana practice to deepen our mindful experience during the week in a balanced way.
- Besides a daily yoga class, we will also enjoy many walks and hikes around the breathtaking scenery in the south of France, from countryside hikes, to a meditation walk through the vineyards, and several other lesser known paths in the area.
- Learn about and experience firsthand the creativity and amazing flavors of this region. Each day we’ll be able to enjoy mouth-watering cuisine, as well as take part in tastings from wine and olive oil, to cheeses and patisserie. We’ll feast on traditional flavours of Provence mixed with the French, Italian and Mediterranean styles as well.
- Day trips and experiences include visits to small villages, large cities and outdoor activities. Spend a day on the French Riviera on the island of Porquerolles for freetime to explore the beaches, hiking trails or town. We will take a tour through the countryside to see quaint villages, French markets, and hopefully get a peek at the early-blooming lavender fields. You’ll enjoy a true Provencal experience with the markets, food, culture, and sites.
- Enjoy a trip to a glorious spa in a 5* countryside chateau where guests can swim, enjoy lunch, use the spa area and receive a relaxing treatment.
- Embrace Provence’s fields of lavender, medieval villages, chateaux, markets full of colours where you can find local products and exotic spices and lively small towns.
- Healthful, vegetarian food is part of the retreat experience, including breakfasts and dinners daily, as well as selected lunches.
A typical Form and Flavors Experience:
- This yoga retreat will take place at the beautiful villa of Bastide Avellanne. The Bastide is a charming fortified Provencal demure dating back to 17th century. Totally refurbished in 2011, it welcomes you with spacious light rooms in country style, all with modern en-suite bathrooms and independent apartments with every comfort.
- Surrounded by vineyards, Bastide Avellanne is set in a private park of 3 hectares, where the colours of the olive trees and centuries old oaks blend with the perfumes of lavender and rosemary, creating a small mediterranean paradise. You will also enjoy a heated swimming pool and summer bar, giant chess, tennis and petanque courts.
- Bastide Avellanne is the ideal location to visit Provence. Situated only 30 minutes from the sea and from the Cote D’Azur between Cannes, St. Tropez and Hyeres. With its hundreds of kilometers of white beaches, rocky capes and wild bays, it is considered the most beautiful coastline of France – 300 kilometers of coast accompanying the Mediterranean Sea, white sandy beaches, a preserved landscape, protected islands and famous locations renowned worldwide.