- Participate in environmental workshops and connect with like-minded active citizens and reconnect with nature.
- Shift your awareness, find headspace and time for yourself in the beautiful Garden Route.
- Learn through sustainability workshops. Fill your mind with knowledge from local and international experts in the field of sustainability – Natural Building, Permaculture, Biomimicry, Eco-enterprise, Beekeeping and many more.
- Enjoy a plant based cooking workshop. Get inspired to prepare plant-based meals during our curated cooking demos and workshops. Learn about the benefits of plant-based eating for the environment.
- Yoga and Meditation. Practice mindfulness by attending yoga & stretching sessions. There is no better way to energise yourself before a long day of planting.
- Tree Planting and Reforestation. Get your hands dirty and help regenerate the local ecosystem through Urban Greening Planting, Reforestation Planting and Alien Vegetation Clearing.
- Celebrate with live music and entertainment. Evenings entertainment will be filled with live music from talented local musicians, movies and socialising around the fire.
- Mural Painting and Environmental Art. Get creative and leave your mark by participating in the mural painting days. You will assist our artists and members of the local
community to brighten up the walls of local buildings and spread environmental messages.
- Upcycling. Turn trash into to treasure at our upcycling station and craft sessions. Learn how to make useful and beautiful items out of the most unexpected materials.
- Eco-bricking and Natural Building. Learn to build sustainably with non-industrial, locally available and renewable materials without polluting the environment. We will
teach the basic principles for building with a low environmental footprint.
- Reflective sessions. Reflect on what you have experienced during optional facilitated sessions.
- Nature Adventures. Immerse yourself in the beautiful nature of the Garden Route, enjoy the coastline and learn more about the indigenous Knysna Forests. You will have at least 1 full day off to do whatever you please.
- Greenpop aims to partner with and contribute to the many local environmental and social initiatives and be part of an environmental solution, while also teaching skills and lessons that are relevant across the globe – sharing and learning in a place that highlights some of the challenges that our planet faces on a whole.
- In a rapidly urbanising world it can be challenging to find time to learn and grow with, and not against, the natural world. At the Eden Festival of Action, you’ll learn how to co-exist with nature and have your chance to help replenish what has been taken. Make time for yourself and find headspace amongst the trees and below the stars. Unplug from
technology and enjoy being fully present.
- We place significant value on collaboration, co-operation, and connection. The Eden Festival of Action aims to bring people together from around the world. You’ll immerse
yourself in the social and ecological situation in the area, increase your eco-awareness and celebrate together with changemakers from far and wide.
Please see a detailed itinerary below:
- Day 1 – Sunday. Arrive at Greenpop Village. We will pick you up from the George airport or Knysna bus station. Greenpop Village orientation in the evening.
- Day 2 – Monday. Project orientation stations & tour of fire affected areas. Music around the campfire in the evening.
- Day 3 – Tuesday. Various Eco Education Activations at local schools, centres and NGOs. Film screening under the stars in the evening.
- Day 4 – Wednesday. You have the option to get involved in tree planting, natural building or mural painting in the day time. You have the option to get involved in upcycling, crafting or chilling in the evening.
- Day 5 – Thursday. Workshop day at camp (options of various sustainability topics). Guided nature hike & Inspirational speakers (all welcome to talk) in the evening.
- Day 6 – Friday. You have the option to get involved in tree planting, natural building or mural painting in the day time. Quiz night in the evening.
- Day 7 – Saturday. Free day – go explore the beautiful area. Celebration night with live music in the evening.
- Day 8 – Sunday. Some depart (or stay for an additional week).
Please see a typical day itinerary below:
- 06:45 – Breakfast
- 07:45 – All meet ready for the day
08:00 – Activities in groups based on your selected preferences on your first day. Examples of preferences (subject to change) include reforestation mass planting, urban planting at a local school or NGO and mural painting at local school or community centre.
- 13:00 – Lunch back at camp (or in the field)
- 14:00 – Free time (read, walk, chill, journal, etc.)
- 15:30 – Optional activities: Sustainability workshops / Craft with upcycled materials etc.
- 17:00 – Optional: Forest yoga / Sunset nature walk
- 19:30 – Delicious dinner
- 20:30 – Outdoor film screening / quiz night / speaker evening / celebration party / campfire music.
NB: Get 10% discount by booking through Go.Explore or using the following code when applying – GoExploreFOA.
Pre-register for the Eden Festival of Action 2019 now – http://bit.ly/GPEden19Apply