- Reykjavik: Capital of Iceland.
- Blue Lagoon: Relaxing in a natural geothermal spa surrounded by a lava field.
- Seljalandsfoss and Skogafoss Waterfalls.
- Reykjanes Peninsula: Hot springs, mountains, bird cliffs, light houses and fishing villages.
- Eyjafjallajökull Glacier: Home to the famous eruption of April 2010 that halted international air travel for a week.
- Golden Circle: Geysir geothermal fields, Gulfoss Waterfall, Strokkur geyser, Thingvellir National Park UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- Day 1 – Reykjavik. Welcome to Reykjavik and the start of your Icelandic adventure! Take the included Flybus transfer from the airport to our hotel in Reykjavik. The remainder of the day is at leisure so why not go for a walk around the city – the beauty of Reykjavik is you can see many of the top sights in a very short space of time. Overnight in Reykjavik.
- Day 2 – Reykjavik and Reykjanes. At 9 am this morning meet your tour leader in reception and depart on a Reykjavik city tour on our bus. We’ll drive past the impressive Harpa building, famous sun voyager statue and Hofdi House on the sea front. From here we will visit the iconic Hallgrimskirkja Church and take a look inside before our last point of the tour – the famous Perlan building where we can walk around the viewing platform for superb views across the city (entrance fee applies for viewing platform approx ISK490). We also visit the charming fishing village of Hafnarfjorour. This afternoon we visit the Reykjanes peninsula famous for hot springs, picturesque mountains, bird cliffs, light houses and quaint fishing villages. The next two nights are spent at Hotel Borealis, located in the countryside of South Iceland, away from light pollution, and set in a peaceful surrounding ideal for searching for the Northern Lights. This evening we all settle down to watch the fascinating documentary about the famous volcanic eruption of 2010 which caused flight chaos worldwide. Later on we enjoy a short Northern Lights photography lecture and showing us the best spots around the hotel where you might see the mystical Northern Lights, also called Aurora Borealis before heading out side to hopefully see them in all their glory. Overnight in Selfoss. Breakfast included.
- Day 3 – Southern Waterfalls and Beaches. This morning we have the option to walk over to the nearby Ljosafoss Power Station which is home to an educational museum where you can learn about the evolution of electricity. The onsite interactive exhibition has a heavy emphasis on play and experience where the nature and characteristics of electricity are shown in multiple forms and visitors are led through the world of electricity in new and creative ways. Later on we head along the south coast and reach the area near the active volcano that is beneath the Eyjafjallajokull glacier. We stop at the high but narrow Seljalandsfoss waterfall, which is 65 metres high and plunges from the mountain. Next we visit one of the most impressive waterfalls in the country; the 62 meter high Skogafoss waterfall. The tour continues further south where you can stroll on the black lava beach to see the amazing bird cliffs at Reynisfjara near Vík. For dinner this evening we have our delicious ‘Icelandic dinner in a barn’ for everyone to enjoy. This evening we learn more about the Northern Lights and hopefully get to spot them outside whilst relaxing in the outdoor hot tubs. We’ll also sample the local schnapps – Brennivin commonly known as ‘Black Death’ – a great way to warm up on the cold evenings. Overnight in Selfoss. Breakfast and Dinner included.
- Day 4 – Golden Circle. In the morning we head for Gullfoss, a double waterfall that tumbles 34 meters into the Hvita River and attracts tourists and travellers in summer and winter. Next we visit the Geysir geothermal fields, where we’ll find a variety of hot springs and bubbling pools. The original geyser is now dormant but has been replaced by Strokkur “the Churn” which erupts at 5-10 minute intervals. We end the day at Thingvellir National Park, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, and a place where you move between the North American and Eurasian tectonic plates. We end the day back in Reykjavik in the early evening. Overnight in Reykjavik. Breakfast included.
- Day 5 – Relaxing Blue Lagoon. This morning at 9am meet your driver who will take you out to the Blue Lagoon. Spend the next couple of hours relaxing in the warm blue waters before returning to Reykjavik. The rest of the day is free for you to explore Reykjavik further. Overnight in Reykjavik. Breakfast included.
- Day 6 – Reykjavik. Arrangements end after breakfast and included Flybus transfer to the airport. Breakfast included.