- A hands on, fun and interactive Indian cooking course with our expert chefs.
- Plenty of time to enjoy Goa’s tropical beaches, local bars, restaurants and superb shopping.
- Small group participation in intimate surrounds. Group size is limited to 8 in the kitchen.
- Non–cooking companions are welcome to come along – Goa has plenty more than sun and sand to offer.
Please see a detailed itinerary below:
- Day 1 – Arrive in Goa. Welcome to tropical Goa and your home for the week! Upon arrival you’ll be met at Goa airport and transferred to your hotel. Spend the rest of the day at leisure. Overnight in Goa.
- Day 2 – First Cooking Class. This morning you’ll be picked up from your hotel and driven to a modern day apartment overlooking the verdant fields of Caranzalem. Here you will learn to cook Indian cuisine in our chef Judy’s Goan home. Following an introduction to Indian food, we commence our first cooking class. Afterwards we devour the fruits of our labour for lunch. Finishing early this afternoon, the rest of the day is free. Perhaps relax by the beach.
Overnight in Goa. Breakfast and Lunch included.
- Day 3 – Head to the Market. Its an early start this morning with a visit to the colourful local market with your chef. Check out the fresh ‘just picked’ produce, chat with spice merchants, buy some Indian cooking utensils and take in the hustle and bustle of this popular spot. We then enjoy a traditional breakfast at a South India cafe in Goa’s capital, Panjim. Overnight in Goa. Breakfast included.
- Day 4 – South Indian Cuisine. This morning you’ll enjoy an introduction to the cuisine of South India, including local Goan food. Not unnaturally, after some 450 years of colonisation, Goan cooking has absorbed strong Portuguese influences. Hanging up your apron, it will then be time to road test the tasty result of this morning class. Overnight in Goa. Breakfast and Lunch included.
- Day 5 – Tea and Spices. Today we enjoy a half day excursion to the local spice garden and plantation. Overnight in Goa. Breakfast included.
- Day 6 – Last Cooking Class. Our third and final cooking session is a treat, where your chef will accommodate a selection of special requests from the class, with pointers on dishes you may have always wanted to know how to prepare – perhaps a favourite local snack that you’ve come across during your stay in Goa? The afternoon is free for you to further explore Goa or simply take things easy. Overnight in Goa. Breakfast and Lunch included.
- Day 7 – Time to Relax. A totally free day for you to soak up the tropical sun! By now, you’ll have discovered plenty to do in and around Goa, so we leave the choice to you. Overnight in Goa. Breakfast included.
- Day 8 – Tour End. After breakfast, arrangements end. Time to depart for your flight home unless you’ve booked another week in the sun. Breakfast included.