- Daily yoga classes will be offered in a way to relax, stimulate and help guests grow in their own personal practice and prepare bodies and minds to find a creative way of focus on our excursions through the Italian countryside. In this theme of retreat, yoga classes will be the assistant to help guests feel prepared and open to explore deeper in the focus of the life-coaching workshops. Combine this creative focus with art projects in sketching and “ifonography” throughout the week.
- Classes are open to all levels, beginner to practiced, and can range from gentle, restorative, and more vigorous vinyasa flow and ashtanga styles. Style and class levels will be determined and moulded to fit participating students’ needs, and with a small intimate retreat class size, students will be able to get personalized attention and comfortability to deeply explore their practice.
- Experience and learn about the region, its cuisine and wine. This combines with the asana practice to deepen our mindful experience during the week in a balanced way.
- A large and open art studio awaits those interested in exploring various art mediums while visiting, and also can serve as location for some “art as meditation” courses or a journaling room. The grounds are spacious with plenty of outdoor space to sit alone, relax on the outside terrace overlooking the meadows, or enjoying an open-air lunch.
- Day trips and experiences include a countryside tour of various village visits, historic museums and churches, a Tuscan Tasting Tour which explores the special nuances to different cheeses and oils in the Italian diet and a visit to Siena which explore this Medieval city with a guided visit and free time.
- Enjoy a trip to a glorious spa, where guests can be pampered to their heart’s content.
- The cuisine is simple, delicious and Italian, using fresh ingredients from the local market in Chiusi, much of which is organically grown. Cooks will prepare dishes like pumpkin risotto, pasta al forno, slow roasted fennel with red onions, salads with wild rocket, pecorino and fresh figs, and more.
- Healthful, vegetarian food is part of the retreat experience, including breakfasts and dinners daily (with 2 special restaurant dinners out), as well as some selected lunches. Guests will enjoy good local wine, from the famous vineyards of Montepulciano, produced less than an hour from the villa.
A typical Form and Flavors Experience:
- This magnificent yoga retreat will take place in the picturesque Italian countryside, along the border of Tuscany and Umbria. A beautifully restored villa awaits your arrival, complete with sprawling vistas over the rolling hills in all directions. Former cantinas and stables on the groundfloor have been transformed into apartments that are works of art. One can immediately see the careful attention that went into restoring, decorating, and preparing these rooms.
- Guests will not only enjoy the villa and encompassing estate, but also the richness of the Italian cities in nearby regions. Day trips will allow students to add arts, culture, adventure, and natural beauty to their retreat experience. Trips may include visits to small villages, large cities, and outdoor activities, even a thermal spa deep in the heart of Tuscany where guests can swim, schedule spa treatments, or simply enjoy the sun. See smaller villages that few tourists go, and get a true education and taste of Italy with a mozzarella and olive oil tasting.
- Besides visiting the breathtaking city of Siena, we will also explore areas not as frequented by tourists. Plus we’ll get our fill of the tastes of the area in the wine region of Montepulciano, plus tastings of the cheeses, olive oils, and other regional specialties. Julian and Erin will be your guides around the city, museums, and outlying walks. Enjoy seeing world famous works of art, as well as monuments, and one-of-a-kind lookouts during our exciting week.