- Discover the culture, traditions and spectacular landscape of Nepal.
- Immerse yourself in Nepalese culture through living with a host family. This gives you the rare opportunity to truly experience life inside a Nepalese community.
- Experience life amongst some of the highest mountains and most incredible landscapes in the world.
- Make a serious and measurable impact towards the development of a local community.
A typical Community Construction Experience:
- Upon arrival, you will receive a welcome orientation covering health and safety and cultural awareness that will fully prepare you for life in the community.
- Following the 2015 Nepal Earthquake, our projects are focused on initiatives within our local communities around education and improving educational facilities.
- You will help make educational facilities more effective as learning environments through building, painting, repairing or landscaping.
- The project can be physically demanding, especially when you consider the weather which can be a little unpredictable, which you should be prepared for.
- Weekends are yours to spend as you wish. Nepal is an outdoor and adventure enthusiasts dream. You can partake in world class hiking trails, paragliding, mountain biking and many other activities.
- Your accommodation will be based in a homestay with a Nepali family. The Explorer group will be in shared bedrooms and bathrooms in the heart of Pokhara.
- Typical food will include a mix of Nepali and western food such as vegetable curry, beans, rice and pasta which are provided for you.
NB: No previous experience is required for this project. Our staff will be working along side you and you’ll have access to the skills and experience of locals who will guide you.