- Cuzco – independently explore the captivating capital of the Incas.
- Inca Trail Trek – complete one of the most famous treks in the world with spectacular scenery en route.
- Sacred Valley of the Incas – roam around the Pisac ruins, the temple of Ollantaytambo and local markets.
- Machu Picchu – explore the spectacular Inca citadel set high in the Andes Mountains.
- Day 1 – Cuzco. Arrive into Cuzco airport where you’ll be met and transferred to your hotel. Spend the rest of the day at leisure. Cuzco is a charming city which is easily navigated on foot. Tonight at 6pm our welcome meeting takes place. Please note: You may wish to arrive a day or two earlier in order to adjust to the altitude. Overnight in Cuzco.
- Day 2 – Sacred Valley. This morning we travel to the Sacred Valley. En route we stop at the Pisac market, which is a colourful marketplace filled with handicrafts, textiles and produce. After shopping for souvenirs we head to the remarkable Incan fortress and the citadel of Ollantaytambo with its giant Inca terraces built into a steep mountainside. The fortress was constructed to guard the entrance to this part of the valley and protect it from possible invasions of tribes from the jungle lowlands. Overnight in Sacred Valley. Breakfast included.
- Day 3 – The Inca Trail. Sacred Valley – Km. 82 – Huayllabamba – Pacaymayo – Winaywayna. On day 3 we begin the legendary Inca Trail trek to Machu Picchu, hiking for four days through spectacular mountain scenery, discovering ancient Inca ruins en route. We begin the trek at Km. 82, following the Urubamba River through the Urubamba Valley, with an incredible back drop of snow-capped mountains. After an 11km trek we camp for the night at Huayllabamba. Overnight camping. Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner included.
- Day 4 – The Inca Trail. We hike across the ‘Dead Woman’s Pass’ at 4200m, which is the highest pass on the trail and the most challenging. Hiking for approximately 7km today, we will see the Runkurakay ruins en route to our camp at Pacaymayo, located at 3,600m above sea level. Overnight camping. Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner included.
- Day 5 – The Inca Trail. We trek for 9km through forest and jungle to Winaywayna where we camp for the final night of our trek. En route we stop to explore the Runkurakay, Sayacmarca and Phuyupatamarca Inca ruins. Overnight camping. Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner included.
- Day 6 – Machu Pichu. This morning we set off early for the final leg of our momentous trek to Machu Picchu. En route we visit the Winay Wayna ruins, the second most important archaeological site after Machu Picchu, and pass through the famous Sun Gate, where we will catch our first glimpse of the legendary lost city of Machu Picchu. Machu Picchu enjoys a truly spectacular setting, perched on a mountain ridge, surrounded by tropical forest. Built in the classical Inca style with polished dry-stone walls and terraces that seem to have been crafted naturally from the rock escarpments, Machu Picchu is a spectacular testament to the greatness of the Inca civilisation. The ruins are divided into the Urban and Agricultural Sectors with features ranging from terraced fields and water fountains to storage buildings, guardhouses and religious temples as well as bridges on the trails leading out of the citadel. After a guided tour there’s plenty of free time to explore this incredible site and take photos before we head down to the town of Aguas Calientes. In the afternoon we board the train back to Cuzco. Overnight in Cuzco. Breakfast included.
- Day 7 – Cuzco. Our tour comes to an end after breakfast today. Included transfer to the airport. Breakfast included.