- Improve your Spanish through our Experiential Language Curriculum which combines language learning in the classroom with immersion through community service, excursions and cultural activities. Practice with passionate native Spanish speakers as you volunteer alongside local youth.
- Spain is a country with music in its soul, a love of fine food and wild landscapes, and a special talent for celebrating all things in life. You’ll be surrounded by rich history and architecture for the duration of your stay. Experience two of Spain’s amazing cities—Toledo and Madrid.
- Declared a World Heritage Site by UNESCO, Toledo’s extensive monumental and cultural heritage is a playground for learning. It is known as “the city of three cultures” as Judaism, Islam and Christianity are all rooted in this city.
- Help Spanish children have better opportunities in the future by improving their English language skills. In Toledo, volunteer at a school running a summer English camp with children where you’ll help them to learn English and develop other skills that will prepare them for the future. Throughout the program, work on additional projects helping to address other local community needs.
- Go on a multi-day excursion to visit Madrid, where you’ll experience Spain’s culture with a tapas tour, followed by a white water rafting excursion on the Alto Tajo River. You’ll also get the chance to cool off from the summer heat in ancient underground baths which were built by the Moors–Spain’s medieval Arab immigrants.
- Experience the adrenaline rush of ziplining above the Tagus River.
- On the 21-day Experience, you’ll travel to Barcelona, the cosmopolitan capital of Spain’s Catalonia region, and experience an authentic “Street Life Tour” while practicing your Spanish with friendly locals along the way. See the famous Sagrada Familia and Park Güell, two iconic emblems of Spain.
- Contribute 24 hours of community service.
- Embrace 21 hours of learning Spanish.
- Student/Staff Ratio: 6 to 1.
A typical Form and Flavors Experience:
- Home Base is located in a castle in Toledo overlooking a historic section of the city, and is a 30 minute walk from the city center. El Albergue San Servando, a historical landmark, once served as a monastery and was occupied by monks and knights.
- Students will share rooms with roommates and have shared bathrooms.
- While in Madrid, and for the 21-day program while in Barcelona, students will stay in comfortable hostels.