- Contribute to helping the communities improve their future opportunities while living and working in a side of Thailand that so many tourists miss out on.
- Visit local natural highlights such as limestone rock formations, amazing caves and white sandy beaches with crystal emerald waters.
- Learn how to cook Thai food, speak basic Thai, and immerse yourself in this vibrant and welcoming culture.
A typical Teaching English to School Kids Experience:
- Receive a 5 hour intro to TEFL methodology i.e. classroom management, lesson planning, communicative teaching. Receive regular feedback from qualified staff.
- Monday to Friday will be spent teaching English classes, assisting local teachers, playing games and leading educational activities that will improve the eager children’s conversational English. Your aim is to develop the childrens language skills to enable them to work towards better future education and work opportunities.
- Provide English language classes, both formal and informal at a local primary school, a centre for Burmese refugee kids, and a kindergarten.
- Other classes and activities on an adhoc basis: leading art therapy activities with special needs children, running afterschool sports activities. Opportunity to lead summer camp activities during school holidays. This program involves lesson plan preparation.
- Although rewarding, your days can be long and tiring as you keep up with the children’s energy and enthusiasm, but both the children and their families are extremely appreciative of all your hard work as you see the difference you can make first hand.
- Our base is small but comfortable with shared facilities, with enough space for people to relax together. You will have access to cold running water, electricity and internet connection. You will also receive simple yet delicious Thai meals cooked locally.