- Explore the thick jungle and photogenic coast of southern Thailand while you learn and help protect elephants, gibbons and sea turtles alongside local experts.
- Visit the Elephant Jungle Sanctuary and interact with elephants in a responsible way. Experience bathing and playing with elephants in their natural habitat.
- Visit the Gibbon Rehabilitation Center which focuses on the rescue, rehabilitation, and release of gibbons back to the rainforest. Visitors are only allowed access to witness gibbons that cannot be released back into the wild. While these gibbons unfortunately have to remain in the center for various reasons, you can watch them swinging through the rainforest. The center focuses on educating visitors about gibbon behavior as well as about threats found in their natural environments.
- Lend a hand alongside conservationists at the Sea Turtle Conservation Center. These gentle giants travel thousands of miles to find the right beach to lay their eggs – some returning to the very same one where they themselves hatched decades earlier. You’ll get the chance to help care for these beautiful creatures by nursing injured turtles, preparing their meals and changing the water in their ponds.
- Discover Thai village culture. Learn about their ecosystem and lifestyle, experience local cuisine and try your hand at making soap or oil treatment with the help of the locals.
- Thailand’s rainforests and mountain slopes are home to a fantastic array of wildlife, the oldest evergreen rainforest in the world, huge limestone mountains, deep valleys, clear-blue lakes and ominous caves.
- Leave the city for island life as you take a speedboat over to crystal clear waters of Koh Yao Yai, Hong Island, James Bond Island, Maya Bay, Panak and Lawa Island. Snorkel, swim in the crystal blue waters and spot various wildlife along the way.
- Discover the secret nature of the Mangrove Cave & Diamond Cave at Panak Island and explore the Mangrove Forest at Lawa Island.
- Navigate the thick rainforest on a bamboo raft, riding along Kiang Koo Creek and stopping off to swim at picturesque waterfalls on the way.
- Enjoy breathtaking panoramic views over the island’s three main beaches – Kata Noi, Kata and Karon. Gaze across the Andaman Sea where the horizon meets the sky.
- Immerse yourself in the spiritual heart of Phuket at the largest temple in the city, the Chalong Temple, and explore the street markets and local Thai street food. The Chinese and Portuguese architecture illustrates the island’s colonial past, today housing art galleries and trendy cafés.
Please see a detailed itinerary below:
- Day 1. Arrive and explore Phuket’s town and countryside. Arrive in Phuket and meet your guide and driver before transferring to your hotel in Phuket. Have dinner in a local restaurant with the group and enjoy a relaxing first night together.
- Day 2. Visit the Gibbon Rehabilitation Center. Head off to the rainforest and the Gibbon Rehabilitation Center, where rescued gibbons are re-introduced to nature. An afternoon hike takes us to the Bang Pae waterfall and incredible views over three beaches below. We’ll finish at Promthep Cape viewpoint, gazing across the Andaman Sea. By night, we’ll visit the Chalong Temple and explore Phuket Old Town, savoring some Thai cuisine and visiting the evening market.
- Day 3. Care for vulnerable sea turtles. Visit the Sea Turtle Conservation Center (STCC) and learn about the important work being done to protect sea turtles before an afternoon of free time on the beach or relaxing at your beachfront hotel.
- Day 4. Lend a hand with the marine wildlife of Thailand. Nurse injured turtles, prepare their meals and change the water in their pools. Afterwards, we visit the Phang Nga Coastal Research and Development Center, for continued experiences with the sea turtles and other native marine wildlife including clown fish and coral.
- Day 5. Rafting on Kiang Koo Creek. Drive south to Kiang Koo Creek for a gentle bamboo rafting tour, listening to the sounds of the forest and stopping by a waterfall for a swim. Enjoy lunch at a local restaurant before leisurely night on your own to explore the quaint town of Phang Nga.
- Day 6. Enjoy a free day Exploring Phuket. Explore the street markets, lay by the pool, get a Thai massage, or spend time at the beach, all walking distance from your hotel. Our guides will be there to give recommendations. Don’t forget to try the street food – Phuket has some of the best in the world
- Day 7. Visit the elephant jungle sanctuary in Phuket. Learn about the threats elephants face in Thailand and how you can interact with them responsibly. Spend quality time with the elephants in their natural surroundings, on a private visit, and be prepared to get wet. After your time with the elephants, enjoy a free afternoon at the beach.
- Day 8. Visit the local villages of Koh Yao Yai. Zip along the ocean on a 20-minute speedboat ride to the island of Koh Yao Yai, where we will experience a day in the life of a local village. Learn about the ecosystem and lifestyle of the village, experience the local cuisine, and try your hand at making soap or oil treatment with the help of the villagers.
- Day 9. Island hopping to Hong Island, James Bond Island & Lawa Island. Depart on a speedboat to Hong Island, our jumping-off point for an afternoon’s island hopping. Enjoy paddling, sightseeing, and trekking at the scenic James Bond Island, discover the secret nature of the Mangrove & Diamond Caves at Panak Island, and swim, snorkel and relax at Lawa Island.
- Day 10. After enjoying breakfast together, we’ll say our goodbyes and transfer you back to the airport for your flight home.
ASK US ABOUT OUR TRIP EXTENSION TO CHIANG MAI.